Skip to main content

Bangalore Service Jam 2013

Well, we hosted it again.

It was double the fun and double the action. You can say that this time too, there was much that happened and made it bigger and better. We had close to around a 100 participants. Adam and Markus had come over... though a little late. We as a team had done its comeback and together we do stand quit invincibly.

I had much to learn this time as well, the model was slightly different from the last one. From a free event to a paid one, though its sounds much too easy its actually too much pain to handle for a free event.

The best part was for me in the overall game was the whole new learning area. I have been in service design thinking for now three years, and have core only practised it in India for around 1.5 years. You can say that there is both lack of opportunity and purity of practise in India.

So, Adam's small sessions and the time I could get to have a chat around with him and even Markus, were quite a revealing thing for me. Service design truely has a lot of potential.

Maybe I will compile all of these together in a sequence of thoughts rather than just express it out in the random order that I can think it out.

Just to keep a memory of things.. here are all the links associate to the Jam this year.

Theme for GSJ 2013


Harlem Shake GSJ Blr


Short Report From Bangalore By Adam

Short Video: Nostalgia By Team GSJ




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GSJ: The bangalore madness

We hosted the Global Service Jam: Bangalore Chapter a couple of months back and we all really had a blast. I think I have worked before in a lot of things, but this one experience for me also has been something that has transformed me. I may never be able to see the design in the way I used to before this particular event. And I am sure, I am not the only one who felt the transformation. Some participants felt a critical change in the way the approached life and their daily work. One particular jammer, felt empowered towards her life. For her, the whole experience led her to see that she often would not use her weekends to something productive while on this particular weekend, she worked with a diverse group of people and ended a creating a service ( though still hypothetical) For a some jammers, it was a kick to see that their ideas which they had developed looking at needs and problems they identified were actually in the market. The feeling that if they could possible create

This is not right.

The most important gift that I have received from all the fields that I have ever put my feet into is design. It gave me that feeling that no other field gives me. To sum it up, its this. This is not right. Bold. Italics . Underline. THIS IS NOT RIGHT.  This feeling has taken me a longer way than any other. I try thinking into the deeper meaning of things and I feel every subject sort of gives you this one question that you pursue and make a career into. My managements brothers tell me, this is not managed right. My fashion friends tell me, this doesn't look right. But my design friends tell me, this is not right. Or maybe even, this is not designed right. Till some decades back, this is not designed right meant aesthetics. But now, it just more than just that. And when it left the threshold of my thoughts, and I couldn't tolerate more of this, I ended up doing something I thought I would never do. I started up. This is my experimentation ground. This is where I think th